Monday, August 2, 2010

Movie Moverton






Isn’t my baby cute! Adam and I had an ultrasound done last Thursday and we got to see our little Hamlet. I am in love. We have decided not to find out if our babe is a girl hammer or a boy hammer. But from all the standard ultrasound measurements, we do know that lil ham appears healthy and still right on schedule for a December 8th birthday. We shall see – no one ever delivers on their due date, right? If they are anything like Adam and I, they will probably be late (and frustrated with themselves for not planning better). Or maybe they will have an early personality and we will drive them crazy the rest of their lives with our tardiness – that, more thank likely, will be the case.


So even though we didn’t find out the sex I think the newest hammer is a boy. I could be wrong, but there are two reasons I think this: 1) Our baby is a Movie Moverton! Ever since that first nudge, I have been feeling crazy amounts of movement, like someone is doing gymnastics or P90x in my womb. It just seems like more of boy thing to do. Little Ham moved so much during the ultrasound that tech was worried she wouldn’t get all of her measurements, but Adam and I loved it. It was so neat to have a visual of all the craziness we keep feeling. When she tried to measure that hugely smart brain, our little babe promptly did head stand and tried to hide their brain in my cervix. Crazy prankster. 2) The second reason I think it’s a boy is because our baby lounges exactly like Adam . You can usually find Adam with one or both arms above his head when he sleeping. And as you can see, when the image first came up on the screen, little ham was lounging with their arm above their head. Even when we had an ultrasound in done in FL at 12 weeks, when Hamlet had squatty, little limbs that weren’t proportional with their body. One of their little hands was as high up as it could go resting on their forehead. So cute! I can’t sleep or even lounge like this for any length of time or I wake up with the feeling that I have a dead man’s arm attached to my body. Not very pleasant. So I think it might be a little Adam.


Even before all this evidence, I just keep getting that “little boy” feeling. Most of my friends and family keep getting the opposite vibe, especially Kat (she is sure it is a girl cousin). My mom did tell me that her motherly instinct led her astray with me – she thought I was a boy the whole time. So who knows? Maybe it is sweet little girl who has an energy level on par with that of all the Cassidy children and who has better blood flow to her arms than her mother, which allows her to lounge like her dad.


Since I have reached the halfway mark, the whole labor part of pregnancy has seem much more real and scary to me. I know it is still four months away, but I feel like I should be starting a training program or something now. I have already had two labor dreams. In the first one labor was so scary. But in the second, I was shocked, but labor wasn’t bad at all….and then I delivered a little black girl. Unfortunately, I do not think either parts of that dream will be true. Well, I do have more to blab about but I’m almost in Boston so I going to run so I can have some fun with the BosNalls!


7 comments:

  1. Maddy came on her due date!!! :o) --And as for labor, you are in great shape as it is, so that can only help! So happy you've got the blog going...I love reading your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok...I have several comments to make...

    1) What kind of a sexist stereotype are you basing the baby's gender on. Boys are rowdy in the womb and girls read Cosmo Mags? Kat was super active.

    2) You very accurately describe the feeling of poor circulation during sleep. When I wake up, it doesn't feel like my leg is asleep, but it is missing. And in its place is the leg off some corpse.

    3) If pregnancy dreams were accurate, that nightmare where I found out Vinny was the father would still be haunting our entire family. I don't think labor will be easy, and don't think your little hammer will be black.

    4) You should be training. It's called Lamaze.

    LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that energy just means it's half Cassidy, not neccessarily that it's a boy.

    I see the arm resting thing which is very Adam-like, but it's picking it's nose just like Casey... jk :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Hamlet!!! We can't wait to meet you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope it's a little of both. Is that bad?

    ReplyDelete
  6. If he/ she is just a day late, he/ she will be born on my birthday! And, Henry sleeps with his arm over his head just like me... and my dad. AND how is it that I have had a blog for 4 years and just NOW have 19 followers, and it only took you a month? You are soooo popular...

    ReplyDelete